Friday, April 16, 2010

Chaos

It's amazing how loud and obnoxious my kids get. They don't quite understand "Shh, quiet!" or "Settle down!" They just go about their merry business of being loud and annoying. The funny this is when my husband left to go out with a friend for the evening, my kids became instantly quieter... I wonder why?

I've been feeling frustrated for a few weeks or so. I know it's cause of this stupid diet I am on. And of course I wouldn't be on it if it weren't doctor ordered. I am having lower back pain and the doctor seems to think that a little extra baggage isn't helping it.

A little extra baggage indeed. Too funny!

So they put me on this diet and I am only allowed 500 calories a day.... and before you freak out on me, I am also taking HCG drops to trick my body into thinking it's pregnant so it burns the fat without me actually being hungry.

Except for the part of.... I AM always hungry... Except, AM I always hungry? I think a lot of my problems come down to the fact that it's all psychological. I am bored and I want to eat. I get depressed and I want to eat. The kids irritated me today so I want to eat. If we were to take all that away I would not want to eat as much. The problem is that, yes, I can take away the boredom, but no, I can not take away the kids. They come along with the package.

Well, all night I've been snooping for something to eat. What is bad is I am out of Strawberries, Apples, and Oranges. Those are things I can snack on. I ate my last apple earlier today after taking my daughter to the kids fair held here in town. I can't have all the wonderfully smelling food that they had there so I waiting and grabbed my last apple. So here I am hungry. And I can't snack. Argh!

And it really does depress me that I can't eat like I used to. Makes me sad to think that I will not be able to eat grilled cheese sandwiches and macaroni and cheese and tuna casserole... at least not all the time like we used to. But I've been breaking things down of what I can and can't have and it seems to be getting a bit better. I haven't cheated this week as much as I have the last couple of weeks. I could have lost more when I didn't cheat but I figured it all out and I'd be nine pounds lighter if I hadn't cheated.

So I've decided to exercise more. I've been going on walks around the block an also doing our Wii Fit. That seems to be really helping out a lot. Makes me feel better too.

I think once I get a new routine set up and get more fruit in the house I will be better and maybe when the chaos of the kids being loud and annoying hits, it won't be quite so bad. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment